Hi Again Everyone,
OK we are off and running! I just got off the phone with the Hyatt Place in Davis after hearing from several of you that you were having trouble regarding the January room block. Here's the update:
1. The room block for January will be finalized by COB today or tomorrow morning at the latest. I will let you all know when this is complete. I had thought it was all set, but apparently jumped the gun there. My apologies.
2. The room block for November at the Hyatt Place is NOW FULL. Please use the other options I noted in my earlier email if you have not secured your room at the Hyatt Place. I have a room block now set up for anyone not staying at the Hyatt Place under "USFS Middle Leader Program" at the Best Western University Lodge in Davis. The BW number is 530-756-7890. Please call them and book your room as needed.
3. All room blocks for the Hyatt Place are now under the title "USFS Middle Leader Program".
Michael Wood, PhD
Affiliate Faculty, Society and Conservation Department
& Leadership Program Director
College of Forestry and Conservation
University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812
"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin
From: Wood, Mike
Hello Everyone and welcome back!
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:43 AM
To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Schrock, Dana -FS; Ketter, Ronald -FS; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Lucia Turner
Subject: USFS Middle Leader Program - All Green Lights!
This note is to confirm that your USFS Middle Leader Program WILL begin in November. Due to the lapse in funding, we decided to shift the start of your program back, such that the time period originally scheduled for "Week Two" (Nov 4-8, 2013), will now comprise "Week One" of your program; "Week Two" will now be held when "Week Three" was originally scheduled (Dec 2-6, 2013); and Week Three is now scheduled for January 6-10, 2014. Please mark you calendars accordingly. I do understand if you have a conflict during the January week, but please make every effort to join us for as much of the week as possible. Just as an FYI, we are about 95% complete with re-securing external speakers/presenters for the program. I'll be working on re-securing internal FS folks that are shceduled join us for particular sessions during the program over the next week.
1. November Hyatt-Place room block - The cut off date for our November room block at the Hyatt-Place in Davis came and went during the time your furlough time. As a result, the room block was "released" for general bookings automatically. The good news is that the Hotel caught this quickly and re-reserved as many rooms as were still available for you all. The bad news is that there are only 9 rooms now available in the block, and at last count there were only 14 rooms booked.
1. Book your room quickly in the Hyatt-Place and grab one of the remaining rooms;
2. Find a way to link up with someone else and share a room in the Hyatt Place;
3. Book a room in the Best Western University Lodge, which was the hotel we had planned to use for week one in October (because the Hyatt-Place was already full);
4. Book a room in another nearby hotel.
Ideally, as many as possible would be in the Hyatt-Place or Best Western. Being in the same hotel(s) gives you the chance to visit with your fellow cohort members as you walk to/from class, so please consider the options in numerical order as moving form "most preferred" to "least preferred". If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or write me 928-607-6256; email@example.com. Please use the information provided in your Welcome Letter to make your reservation. Please refer to the USFS Middle Leader Program when booking your room. Thanks!
2. December Hyatt-Place room block - There are 25 rooms available in the Hyatt-Place for our December week. Please book your room very soon for December. If you are unable to book your room in the Hyatt-Place, please use the options above. If you don't have a Hyatt-Place room booked, you may consider booking a room in the Best Western University Lodge but then seeking out someone during the first week of the program with whom to share a room during Week Two in December (just a thought).
3. January Hyatt-Place - room block - At present, we have enough rooms secured in the room block for January for everyone to have their own room, but I would recommend booking your room for January when you call for the other weeks.
4. 360 Assessments - Stay tuned! I will be coordinating with the folks in Albuquerque to re-schedule the virtual debrief on your 360's.
5. Coaches - I will be asking all your coaches to re-establish contact with you, and pick up where you left off. I'll keep them in the loop on the re-schedule for your 360 debrief, so they can be on the call/webinar as well.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or write me 928-607-6256; firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be in touch over the next couple weeks regarding the start of the program specifically. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
All logistics for this program are explained in the Welcome Letter. Please contact Harvey Hergett (email@example.com; 406-329-3172) for any internal questions related to your SF-182 and paying tution. Otherwise, please feel free to contact Mike Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org; 928-607-6356) for any other questions.