Welcome to Student Services
The 2014 College of Forestry and Conservation Commencement Ceremony will be held in the West Gym of the Adams Center at noon. Graduates wishing to participate should be there dressed in their regalia no later than 11:45 to line up for the procession. There is no need to register to participate in this event. Following the ceremony, there will be a reception for the graduates and their family and friends on the north lawn of the Forestry Building near the High Wheels. Light freshments will be served.
The Office of Student Services will help you understand the resources available on campus and offer assistance to new, current, continuing, and transferring students. This office maintains a student database, assigns faculty advisors, and provides academic information and advising. Our dedicated team will help navigate students who are new to The University of Montana with the registration process including Academic Planner and Cyberbear. The helpful staff in this office is well-versed in university policies and procedures and will make every attempt to find the answer to your questions. This office provides information on:
- New student orientation
- Major requirements
- General Education Requirements
- Faculty member contact information
- Changing major or adding/deleting minors
- Assist students with class schedules
- Direct students with the process for petitions or substitutions
- Assist with graduation paperwork
- Direct students to Career Services
- College scholarship information
- Assist transfer students with credit evaluation
- Assist prospective graduate students with the application process
- Direct graduate students for degree requirements
- Assist graduate students with timelines and deadlines
Helpful How-To Videos
Need help planning and registering for your classes, finding out who your faculty advisor is, evaluating your General Education Requirements (GERs), or forwarding your UMConnect E-mail? View how-to videos by following the links above plus view other helpful and informative videos about The University of Montana. Currently, there are 42 videos which you can browse. View the full list here!
PETSA Required Registration
The PETSA online tutorial (www.umt.edu/PETSA) must be successfully completed with a pass of 70 (100%) or you will not be allowed to register even with advising numbers. PETSA completion time is approximately 20 minutes. Holds will be removed within approximately 10 minutes upon successful completion.