Accessible Navigation. Go to: Navigation Main Content Footer
Find us on facebook Watch the College of Forestry and Conservation's You Tube channel View the College of Forestry and Conservation's photos on Flickr

Prospective Undergrads

The College of Forestry and Conservation (CFC) offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Forestry, Wildlife Biology, Resource Conservation, Wildland Resortation, and Parks, Tourism and Recreation Management.  Within each degree program there are elective Options that appear, upon graduation, on the student’s permanent record and show the major area of concentration pursued in the undergraduate curriculum.  We also offer minors in Wildlife Biology, Wildland Restoration, Wilderness Studies and Climate Change Studies.  The undergraduate curricular programs at The College provide the knowledge and skills for students to become effective national resource professionals.  They offer a sequence of learning experiences that build the necessary confidence and critical thinking capabilities to help solve some of humanity's most pressing problems in the stewardship of our shared natural heritage.

View all Undergraduate Degrees, Minors, and Certificates | View CFC Courses

Visit our Beautiful Campus

Schedule a campus tour online, or call the Admissions Office at 406.243.6266.  The University offers Daily visits, UM Days (open house program), and group visits.

During your campus visit you may:

  • meet with an Admissions Counselor;
  • tour the campus with a current student;
  • ask questions about admissions, student life, academics, and residence halls;
  • enjoy a complimentary lunch in the Food Zoo, UM’s award winning dining hall (during available Food Zoo Hours)
  • meet with a faculty member in your area of academic interest.


Apply online now!

  • Freshman – you are a first-time college student
  • Transfer – you have attended another university
  • Returning UM student (Readmission) – you have not been enrolled at UM for a period of 24 months
  • Post-Baccalaureate – you have earned your Bachelors degree at another institution and wish to pursue an additional undergraduate degree
  • International – you are not a US citizen

Transfer Credits

View Transfer Credit Equivalencies

  • Select the state in which you attended college and hit submit.
  • Select the institution which you attended.
  • The courses listed in the first 4 columns are the classes from your institution which will transfer to UM and the courses in the second 4 columns are the equivalent courses at UM.
  • If you do not see your institution listed, that means that we do not have a pre-existing transfer equivalency agreement with that institution.  This does not mean that none of your classes will transfer.  You will simply have to have your transcript officially evaluated by a transcript evaluator in the Admissions Office once you apply.
  • Please be aware that no transfer credits are “official” until your transcript is evaluated by a transcript evaluator.Floating the Blackfoot

Other Important Links