Montana State: Excellency in Forestry Award
This award was developed to recognize landowners/managers that by example have worked towards advancing and improving the practice of forestry in Montana through collaborative and state of the art land management practices. Nominees should have a record of forest management that has:
- Left the forest in as good or better condition as when bought or first managed.
- Used science and experience based knowledge to implement timely management practices that have resulted in healthy productive forests.
- Resulted in management plans that provide for healthy and productive future (10, 20, 50, 100 years) forest conditions.
- Balanced conservation of forest processes, aesthetic beauty, wildlife habitat, and water quality with extraction of forest products.
- Provided innovative and adaptive management examples and records so that others may learn from them and advance the practice of forestry.
- Provided a forest that benefits all aspects of the larger surrounding community as well as the landowner (education, recreation, quality of life).
2010 -- The Montana Forest Products and O’Neil Family L.P. -- read press release