To earn a Graduate Certificate in Protected Area Management, students must successfully complete the five courses listed below for a total of 15 credits:
- PTRM 525: Foundations of Protected Area Management
begins January 14, 2019
- PTRM 526: Protected Area Planning
begins March 11, 2019
- PTRM 527: Global Ecology, Conservation, and Natural Resource Management in a Changing World
begins May 13, 2019
- PTRM 528: Tourism and Protected Area Management: Striving for Sustainability
begins July 22, 2019
- PTRM 529: Applied Principles and Concepts in Protected Area Management
begins September 23, 2019
A field experience/research project is also required for each participant. Successful completion of these requirements leads to a graduate certificate in Protected Area Management awarded by the University of Montana. The program puts participants in contact with globally recognized leaders who have experienced protected area management through technical assistance, research and collaborative efforts.
Program will start January 2019.