Grade Point Requirement
Students must earn at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average in all courses taken at the University of Montana to graduate with a B.S. in Wildlife Biology.
Experiential Learning Requirement
At least two (2) credits of hands-on experience are required for all Wildlife Biology students.
What will count:
NOTE: ALL EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING CLASSES MUST FIRST BE PRE-APPROVED BY YOUR FACULTY MENTOR IN ORDER TO FULFILL THE REQUIREMENT.
- WILD 374, Hunter Check Station (1 credit maximum, no matter how many times students participate).
- Flathead Lake Biological Station courses that are substantially field-related and that are not substituting for requiring courses. Current field-related courses include: Field Ecology (BIOL 342), Conservation Ecology (BIOL 452), Stream Ecology (BIOL 454), Lake Ecology (BIOL 453), Ecology of Forests and Grasslands (BIOL 458), and Alpine Ecology (BIOL 459).
- WILD 398 or 498 (Internship which can include volunteer opportunities, research experience, or an appropriate job), See specific guidelines.
- Other internships on campus either in the GLI program or Climate Change minor that have been pre-approved by your Wildlife Biology faculty mentor.
- WILD 499 Senior Thesis, See specific guidelines.
A student enrolled for Senior Thesis (WILD 499) credit conducts independent study with the approval of a faculty advisor and committee. Specific requirements exist for Senior Theses.