Mission & Vision
The mission of the Rocky Mountains Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit is to improve and disseminate the knowledge base for managing natural and cultural resources in the rapidly changing social, cultural, and environmental landscape of the Rocky Mountain Region, and to extend its expertise to national issues where appropriate.
- Identify research, education, and technical assistance needs of the federal land management agencies in the Rocky Mountain Region.
- Cooperate in the development and implementation of research, education, and technical assistance projects.
- Coordinate research, education and technical assistance projects among member agencies and academic institutions.
- Facilitate opportunities for student research, internships, and education that are pertinent to the needs of management agencies.
- Make the RM-CESU an operationally effective and publicly visible organization.
- Provide research, technical assistance and education to federal land management, environmental and research agencies and their potential partners
- Develop a program of research, technical assistance, and education that involves the biological, physical, social, and cultural sciences needed to address resources issues and interdisciplinary problem-solving at multiple scales and in an ecosystem context
- Place special emphasis on the working collaboration among federal agencies and universities and their related partner institutions.