How Do We Live With Fire? A Public Forum
Tues. Oct. 24, 7-9 p.m.
UC Theater on the University of Montana campus
Moderated by Frank Allen, former environment editor of the Wall Street Journal and former dean of the UM School of Journalism
Reception before event, starting at 6:30 p.m. in foyer outside UC Theater
Sponsored by UM Retirees Association; Presented by treesource.org
- Colin Hardy - Manager of Fire, Fuel and Smoke Science Program at USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station
- Sarah Coefield - Missoula County air specialist
- Phil Higuera - fire ecologist in the W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation
- Bob Yokelson – smoke researcher with UM Chemistry Dept.
- Greg Poncin - National Type 1 incident commander
- Matt Arno - local government liason with the MT Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation
- Bill Avey - supervisor of the Helena/Lewis and Clark National Forests
- Emily Rindal - Farmers Insurance agent in Seeley Lake
The forum will also be streamed via Facebook Live
Treesource launched with a monthlong focus on forests and municipal water supply, followed by articles on mass timber and green building. This summer, Treesource reporters covered stories about living with fire from New Jersey to Oregon, and forests and climate change. Read the latest stories on their web site, and check out their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. You can email Treesource at Dave@treesource.org.