Advising for Forestry Majors
You have two primary advising resources:
- Christine Dascenzo is your academic advisor and can assist with degree planning and class scheduling/sequencing
- Your faculty advisor is a resource for information and advice on degree options, elective courses, job opportunities, internships, and career interests, and more
Get yourself registered with Handshake and check out the federal jobs available for summer 2020.
You and your peers run the Forestry Club, the Student Chapter of the Society of American Foresters, the Fire Club, the Woodsmen’s Team, the Foresters’ Ball Committee, and other student organizations – check them out.
These programs include PETSA, AlcoholEdu, Freshman Bystander, and Haven Plus. Not completing the online programs can result in a registration hold. You can check for holds in CyberBear on your student profile page (top right hand side).
Forestry Curriculum & FCFC Course Updates
Course scheduling/substitution news for Fall 2021
- Register for both FORS 330 Forest Ecology & FORS 335 Forest Ecology Lab this fall (FORS 330 will not be offered in spring semester)
- FORS 435 Advanced Timber Harvesting will be offered this fall – contact Professor Dodson for more information on the course and scheduling
- NRSM 482 Wilderness & Protected Area Mgmt not offered in fall 2021
- NRSM 427 Advanced Water Policy not offered in fall 2021 but NRSM 438 Climate Policy will be offered this fall
Many opportunities are available at the Flathead Lake Biological Station.
Fall Registration Planning
- Get to your Student Profile page in CyberBear
- Check for holds in the top-right corner
- Click the left-panel link for “Registration”, select Fall 2021, and then click the link for “Plan Ahead”
- Make a new plan and browse/add courses
- Always use the “View section” button to view and add courses
- Save your plan when it’s complete
- Once registration is open, use the same “Registration” link, but then go to “Register for Classes” and retrieve your saved plan
Other key links:
- Open the General Education page to review requirements and options
- Interested in a minor? Use the “What if?” feature in DegreeWorks
- Check the registration schedule for your first opportunity to enroll
- Graduating in the spring? Don’t forget to submit your graduation paperwork to Shonna Trowbridge this month!
- Links to FCFC & UM minors/certificates