Advising for Forestry Majors
You have two primary advising resources:
- Christine Dascenzo is your academic advisor and can assist with degree planning and class scheduling/sequencing
- Your faculty mentor is a resource for information and advice on degree options, elective courses, job opportunities, internships, and career interests, and more
Get yourself registered with Handshake and check out the federal jobs available for summer 2022. Note that summer jobs with the Forest Service in Region 1 (North Idaho, Montana, Dakotas) will be advertised starting on October 13, 2021.
You and your peers run the Forestry Club, the Student Chapter of the Society of American Foresters, the Fire Club, the Woodsmen’s Team, the Foresters’ Ball Committee, and other student organizations – check them out.
These programs include PETSA, AlcoholEdu, Freshman Bystander, and Haven Plus. Not completing the online programs can result in a registration hold. You can check for holds in CyberBear on your student profile page (top right hand side).
Forestry Curriculum & FCFC Course Updates
Course scheduling/substitution news for Spring 2022
- FORS 330 Forest Ecology will not be offered in spring semester
- FORS 232 Forest Insects and Diseases will be 3 credits in spring semester
The College awards more than 75 student scholarships each year. Many of the scholarships for Forestry majors consider criteria beyond academic merit (e.g., extracurricular activities, work experience, career plans), and oftentimes we receive fewer applicants than we have scholarships.
Spring Registration Planning
- Get to your Student Profile page in CyberBear
- Check for holds in the top-right corner
- Click the left-panel link for “Registration”, select Fall 2021, and then click the link for “Plan Ahead”
- Make a new plan and browse/add courses
- Always use the “View section” button to view and add courses
- Save your plan when it’s complete
- Once registration is open, use the same “Registration” link, but then go to “Register for Classes” and retrieve your saved plan
Other key links:
- Open the General Education page to review requirements and options
- Interested in a minor? Use the “What if?” feature in DegreeWorks
- Check the registration schedule for your first opportunity to enroll
- Graduating in the spring? Don’t forget to submit your graduation paperwork to Christine Dascenzo this month!
- Links to FCFC & UM minors/certificates