Student Outcome Data
|Academic Year||Number of BS Forestry graduates1||Median years in BS Forestry program||Percent graduating within 6 years of entering BS Forestry||Median number of transfer credits2|
1 All BS Forestry graduates – including new, transfer, and post-baccalaureate students.
2 Among students transferring into BS Forestry program from other institutions.
|Fall term||Number in cohort3||Percent graduating within 6 years4||Percent graduating with BS Forestry within 6 years|
3 Includes only new, first-time students entering the BS Forestry program in the fall term.
4 Includes students graduating from other degree programs at the University of Montana.
Data obtained by survey of BS Forestry students ahead of graduation; results are from graduates of the 2020 and 2021 academic years only.
- 78% of students secured employment in forestry and/or natural resources ahead of graduation
- Of the students that secured employment ahead of graduation:
- 57% secured employment with a federal agency
- 29% secured employment with a state agency
- 14% secured employment in the private sector
- Survey response rate 28%