Career Options

What careers can I get into with a B.S. in Parks, Tourism & Recreation Management?

Our graduates find careers in many fields of recreation and tourism management, including as park interpreters, river rangers, backcountry rangers, wilderness managers, and recreation planners. When you graduate, you will find career opportunities with many federal land and resource-oriented agencies including the U.S. Forest Service, the National Park Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the Corps of Engineers, and the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Graduates also find positions in state natural resource agencies such as Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks. You might also work with private and non-profit organizations such as nature preserves, educational organizations, camps and resorts, hospitality and resort associations, visitor and convention bureaus, outfitters/guides, and resorts, as well as at state and federal land management agencies and tourism boards/offices.

Students are well prepared to enter graduate degree programs, especially in natural resource-oriented departments.

See where students have had jobs/internships in the past

View CFC Student Jobs/Internships in a larger map