Resource Conservation Transfer Equivalencies

The Resource Conservation major has a large number of transfer students and welcomes students from other colleges and universities.  If you are considering transferring to Resource Conservation, please take a look at the table below, which identifies some of the lower-division requirements for Resource Conservation and the types of courses that are typically accepted as transfer equivalents. While the University of Montana Admissions Office evaluates transfer courses to determine if they will be accepted at UM for college credit and if they meet UM general education requirements, only the Resource Conservation Program Faculty can determine if courses accepted by UM can be used to meet major requirements. Thus, some courses that transfer to UM only as “lower-division elective” may actually count toward Resource Conservation requirements. Transfer students who are interested in the Resource Conservation major are encouraged to contact the Program Director or their faculty advisor to  ensure they are they are getting the most out of their prior coursework.   

Program Requirement Transfer Equivalency
CHMY 121N General Chemistry A college-level chemistry course (preparatory chemistry does not count) 
M 115 Probability and Linear Math, M 121 College Algebra, OR higher level math College-level algebra, pre-calculus, trigonometry, or calculus
BIOB 160N Principles of Living Systems A college-level biology or botany course
COMM 111A Public Speaking or THTR 120A Acting for Non-majors A college-level course with a focus on public speaking
STAT 216 Introductory Statistics, SOCI 202 Social Statistics, OR FORS 201 Biometrics  College-level statistics
NRSM 201N Soil, Climate, and Water A college-level course with a lab component that covers hydrology, soil science, and climate science
FORS 250 Introduction to GIS 

A college-level introductory Geographic Information Systems course