Wilderness Studies Minor
Wilderness and Civilization is an inspiring and demanding academic semester. It is the only program in Montana where students can earn a Wilderness Studies minor. Wilderness and Civilization combines the strengths of field learning with interactive classes, dedicated faculty, and applied experience.
• Wilderness and Civ is an experiential Semester program limited to 25 students - ensuring close interaction with faculty and peers.
• Students from any university in the country may apply; if you attend a school that participates in the NSE program, you can automatically transfer the credits.
• Experience the ecology, land management, and natural & human history of some of the most beautiful landscapes in the lower 48. Examine human-wilderness relationships through interdisciplinary study in policy, ecology, arts and literature.
• Earn CPR, Wilderness First Aid and Leave No Trace certifications.
• Explore Montana's wildlands during 3-day and 10-day backpacking trips, a 4-day river trip, as well as many other 1-2 day field trips.
• Rising Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors from any major may apply.
• Rolling admissions until final application deadline of March 15.
• Program fee is only $450 in addition to University tuitionm!
The deadline for admission is on a rolling basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.