Wilderness Studies Minor
Wilderness and Civilization is an inspiring and demanding academic program. It is the only program in Montana where students can earn a Wilderness Studies Minor. Each year, a small group of students from around the country are immersed in the study of wildland conservation and the human-nature relationship. Wilderness and Civilization combines the strengths of classroom and field learning, interactive classes, dedicated faculty, and applied learning through internships.
- Study wilderness and land ethics through ecology, literature, policy, art, and Native American Studies.
- Engage with conservation advocates, land managers, tribal leaders, and innovative landowners in the field.
- Work in the community through internships and service projects that turn knowledge into action.
- Learn valuable skills in ecological monitoring, plant identification, policy analysis, and backcountry travel.
- Develop a sense of place and community through study of local issues with a small group of students.
- Experience some of the wildest country in the lower 48 states.
The deadline for admission is on a rolling basis. Contact email@example.com for more info.