100th Ball Events
Alumni Events for the 100th Foresters' Ball Feb. 3-4, 2017
Tues. Jan. 31, 2017 4 p.m.: Mike and Mabelle Hardy Fire Management Lecture by Jim Hubbard in North Ballroom, University Center, UM campus
Thurs. Feb. 2: Alumni-led tours around the Missoula area
- Blackfoot Corridor- Join us as we tour the Blackfoot Valley, including stops at Lubrecht Experimental Forest, Bandy Ranch, Blackfoot-Clearwater WMA, Blackfoot Challenge, and Ovando. Leave Holiday Inn at 10 a.m., return by 5 p.m. $40 includes lunch.
- Airport Tour- Join us for tours of the Aerial Fire Depot and Smokejumper Center, Smokejumper Visitor Center, Neptune Aviation, and Museum of Mountain Flying. Leaves Holiday Inn 1 p.m. return by 5 p.m. $15/person
Fri. Feb. 3, 3-5 p.m.: College of Forestry and Conservation open house in Forestry building.
Sat., Feb. 4, 5 p.m.: Dinner and auction at the Holiday Inn Missoula; tickets $50/person.
Sat. Feb. 4, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Community Forestry Day in Schreiber Gym
PARKING on campus
On Friday, visitors can
- park in an hourly pay lot just off Beckwith Ave. across from the Forest Sciences Lab bldg (Lot E, in yellow, on parking map)
- purchase a visitor daily parking pass from the University Police, UC Bookstore, UC Info desk, or treasury dept in the Lomasson Center and then park in any decal lot (green lots, on parking map)
- we'll also have some visitor daily parking passes here in the Forestry Bldg. in 109, the dean's office
After 5 p.m. and on Saturday, visitors can park in any open spot on campus
Lodging Options in Missoula
Holiday Inn - A block of rooms have been saved at the Holiday Inn in downtown Missoula. This location may be convenient for folks as the Auction Dinner will be hosted here Saturday evening. Call the front desk at 406-721-8550 and ask for the "Foresters' Ball" room block or click this link to reserve a room for $109 (the link will not work on a mobile phone).
Comfort Inn - Another block of rooms have been saved at the Comfort Inn University Hotel on East Broadway. Call the front desk at 406-549-7600 and ask for the "Foresters' Ball" room block to reserve a room for $89.